Monday, January 21, 2008

First clinic visit

BACKGROUND

In Novenmber last year, I was contacted by a Parkinson's friend who gave me the phone number of Rick Rucker of Chicago. I called Rick and was amazed at his story. He talked of his and Paul's (Paul Ballmer) visit to Nexalin Therapy Center in Germany. Both Parky's went to this clinic for pain releif and both were surprised to find that the electropulse therapy also relieved many of their Parkinson's symptoms. Now a year later they are still improved but some symptoms have started to reappear. He said they were going back for renewal in January. Rick told me he was relieved of his tremor and his medication was cut more than half. He said the progression of his Parkinson's had retreated 3 years. Paul received similar benefits with major relief of his bradykinesia along with other symptoms.

I did some Internet searches which seemed to legitimize the people and organizations. At this point I thought that a fact finding mission was in order. In addition to fact finding I might get a benefit from this therapy, with the possibility of a 3 year regression in symptoms. I decided to join Rick and Paul.

As it turns out their are 7 Parkys here now; Rick, Paul, Heidie and Hermann etc. We will all be here 2 weeks and are hoping to see tremendous progress over that time.

DAY 3, FIRST DAY AT THE CLINIC
As it started out Cori and I were the only ones there. Everyone else seemed to be diverted due to weather and travel complications. By the end of the day everyone was present. We all went through individual medical and psychological profiling before receiving therapy. The therapy amounted to a small box with a few lights and wires which were attached to my forehead and behind my ears. The low voltage DC pulsating stimulus, which was described to us by the personnel, was so weak that it could not be felt at all. The onle way I knew it was even on was because there were lights on the box. This electrode therapy was suppose to stimulate dopamine production.

I think I'm the biggest skeptic in the bunch, but I'm hoping for the best.

Hermann and Heidi are kind of interesting. They live in a German parkinsons community house, where they met and married.

Rick and Paul are kind of novel. They are quite positive but have obvious symptoms. For the pre-therapy record we have video taped some of the patiences. My personal symptoms include dyskinesia, and gait disorders amoung others. The Nexalin people were very hospitable and accomodating. They seem to expect good results, I'll let you know.

R. J. Calvert

No comments: